Genome Analysing – Genome Sequencing
Complete representation of genetic information by mapping the DNA sequence of all genes. Genetic mutations and / or predisposing factors are accurately identified for many genetic diseases in a sick person.
The test innovates by allowing the simultaneous testing of ~ 22,000 genes, forming an accurate genetic picture of the patient, in contrast to the genetic tests to date where a targeted search for specific genes which are responsible for the development of a disease was taking place.
It detects mutations of the gene that are responsible for diseases such as:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Immune disorders
- Endocrinological and Metabolic diseases
- Neurological disorders
It is addressed to everyone regardless of gender and age.
- To people who try to detect pathological mutations for rare genetic diseases.
- To people who are interested in researching whether they are at risk for future illness.
- To future parents in order to find out if there is a genetic defect.
- To people who want to take precautionary measures for a better life
- To those who are interested in their general health and well-being.
- To diagnose the cause of neurodevelopmental pediatric diseases and unspecified syndromes.
Genome analyzing provides the treating physician with valuable genetic knowledge in order to visualize the patient’s clinical picture and to administrate a targeted and individualized therapeutic regimen.
The test is usually completed in 4-6 weeks, but the analysis time depends on each case and the clinical medical history.